Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Review

Well as the weekend is drawing to a close, and a busy week is getting ready to unfold, I thought I would share what went on the past two days and some things that are on my mind.

First, my friend Cindy invited me to join her on Saturday, where I have found a new passion in life.......PEDICURES!! Yep, I never had one and I am totally in love with this place called Nails So Happy!! Of course I was a little nervous when we sat in this chair that vibrated and this little Oriental man walked over and begin to talking to me, which I did not understand a word he said, by the way. But then the happy began!! My feet were horribly yucky and cracked, just plain embarrassing! When he was done, ooh la la! My feet look wonderful! I had to change my whole outfit for church this morning to wear something that required shoes where my toes would show! Like I said, a new passion in my life.....poor Jeremy! Here is picture of Cindy.



Another of my feet!!

When I got home from the wonderful pedicure, new babies where born. Our last expecting goat had twins, a boy and girl. They are so cute!!



To close out the weekend was a VBS meeting for a church that we were members at before we joined Calvary. For 8 years, I was their VBS director. Last year, we left Open Bible to join our new church home Calvary Baptist. We left Open Bible, not because of problems within the church, but because we felt like we needed a church that was more suitable for a family of teenagers and basically we felt a strong push from God, telling us it was time to move.

Well, how am I directing a VBS at a church I am no longer a member of? Good question! They needed someone that has directed before, and my prayer is that after Vacation Bible School this year, it will not feel so overwhelming for someone to step up and direct next year.

It took me some time to get to this point, but there is a song I continually listen to from a CD that DJ purchased called JESUS, Lover of my soul (it's all about You). I get much comfort from this song whenever I start freaking out about going on the mission trip to the Dominican. I pop it in and realize that it is not about me, but Him. After listening to the song, I am again energized! (I would love to post the song, but I am still new to blogging and can not quite figure it out yet, maybe soon!)


So, why not direct a VBS for this church in need. It is hard work, but there is a child out there that may be waiting to her about our Savior. Even though our summer is so jammed full, I would hate for that child to miss out of living eternity with our Lord.





0 Comments: