Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Survival 101

Well it is 56 days until we leave for the Dominican mission trip. I do not allow my children to talk to me about plane crashes, episodes of LOST or episodes of Man vs. Wild. It is their passion in life to scare the wits out of me about flying. Granted, I do not need much help!

Tonight, Joey walks up to me while I heating up left over spaghetti for him, so sincere with his eyes full of complete love for me. He says, "I need to tell you something before you go to the Dominican."

Mind you, usually if one the the kids are going to terrorize me about flying, there is this evil gleam in their eyes.

I was like, o.k. baby what is it? Fully expecting something so sweet to come from his mouth. He says......."if you get stranded on a beach and need fresh water. Dig a hole in the sand, put sea water in it, then pee in the water. The next day you will be able to drink it." (Thinking to myself.....Oooooooo.K!) "I wanted to tell you this, so you will be prepared when your plane crashes. The man on Man vs. Wild drank it and he survived." (He said WHEN!!)

I love Joey, so much.

0 Comments: