Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

As you know today is Mother's Day, always a very busy day. Last night, I did not go to bed until well after 3am, knowing the alarm was set for 6am. So needless to say, getting up and going this morning was a very hard thing to do. When I got out of the shower this morning, this was waiting for me outside my bathroom door.


Notice the wrapping job? Joey spent about 45 minutes yesterday wrapping this for me, some Christmas wrapping paper and a WHOLE roll of tape later, voila, my present awaits. So we all pile into our bed for the big reveal........


An ice cream maker!! Joey has wanted to get this for about a month. Now that he does not get sick off of raw goats milk, he has been ready for goat milk ice cream!

After a trip to the store, cookies and cream is mixing around.


A little chill time in the freezer.

The final product!!


Yummy!

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:28

I remember reading this verse on one Mother's Day as a child, sitting at Long Branch Baptist Church, for a Mother's Day service, next to my Granny. With so many corsage's on, I am surprised she could stand up straight! It never occurred to me that one day I would be so blessed to be a mom!

Besides the usual fighting between brothers, Jeremy having to work and the cold weather today, I am a lucky mom! I thank my Lord every day for my wonderful husband and children.

1 Comments:

TK1162 said...

Jeremy must love the memories it brings back from his own childhood.
Arty