Friday, July 22, 2011

What I Have Been Up Too….

Lately I have been doing so many different little things that seem to be totally consuming massive amounts of my time.

Here are a few things that tickle my fancy as of late:

IMG_4355

Do you play Words with Friends??  If so look me up because I would LOVE to play with you!!  I have anywhere from one to six games going at one time.  I think I may be a little bit addicted, just a little bit.  I beg my husband and sons to play with me all the time, but I think they are tired of losing!!  HA!   My main opponents are my SIL & BIL, a few Facebook friends along with a couple of total strangers. 

IMG_4356

When I am not playing Words with Friends, I am tearing up anything I can get my hands on to make rugs.  Since I have been back from the Dominican, I have found a passion for making these.  I have made square ones, round rugs, semi circle rugs, rectangle ones and a few potholders!!  The trouble is I get bored with working on just one.  So I have some material ripped up, a few rugs that are in the process of being made and of course a few completed ones.  I am starting to think I has ADD or something.  Last night I was working on the red one and got tired of it, so I has my sons girlfriend helping me tie the material together to work on the black/white one and when I was half way through that one, I started ripping more material for another one.  Geeze, if I could stay on task, just think of the progress I would have in finishing one in a decent amount of time!!

IMG_4353

I have been planning vacations!!!!  Me and the hubby have been wanting to go somewhere tropical and “wow”  for quite a long time now.  We just never seem to find the time or the $$.   I am super excited to say we have made plans for a WOW vacation!!  WOOT!  Yesterday was the first step to making that dream come to reality.  I made a trip to our local AAA place in town and started the process of finding the best bang for our buck!  in March, looks like we will be heading to the Turks and Caicos Islands.  Can I say that I am SuPeR pumped about it???  5 nights and 6 glorious days of white sandy beaches.  Every time I think about it, I want to sing a country song…I got my toes in the water, butt in the sand…not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand…Life is good today, life is good today...

But until the WOW vacation comes along we will be taking a mini vacay to Gatlinburg next month with beautiful views of the mountains.  We are so looking forward to unplugging from life for little bit!  Check out the views from the cabin we booked, with these views I think we will have no trouble relaxing!

cabin

So that is what has been keeping me busy lately.  Only if laundry and mopping my floor could equally capture my attention…just sayin’. 

4 Comments:

H-Mama said...

your vacations sound lovely.
*sigh*
words with friends... i play with my hubs, but we both cheat. ;)

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

May I say I am not good at Words at all, but it's fun ;)

I wish we were leaving for vacation tomorrow.

Jealous of your cabin vacay. Looks like the view from the last cabin we rented when ya'll came to join us :D.

Unknown said...

TAKE ME WITH!!!!! Oh that's right, I'm having a baby instead! Maybe next time...

Stacey said...

Oh, I remember the days we use to be addicted to Super Mario Bro and Tetris....those were the days.....vacations look relaxing!!!! I might need you to send me the info on that cabin! I bet it is a scary ride getting to it, lol