Monday, July 4, 2011

I’m Back From The Dominican With A Quick Update!

IMG_4115The daily Women’s ministry time was a HUGE success!  The woman in this picture, named Romona learned to crochet rather quickly and was so proud of her accomplishment!   There is a great story about her that has been in the making for five years, which I will share in a few days.

IMG_3220I was so happy to be able to share this trip with my middle son Bradley.  He had his up’s and his down’s during the week, but he always took the time to love on his mama!  Here is a picture before he acted in a skit that was performed for the Kids Time.

IMG_3387

There were some moments that really made me humble.  Here is a shot of a kitchen for a family that we built an outhouse for.  Her stove and oven were very modest, but she was very proud of it.

IMG_3790

IMG_3793

The beginning of her outhouse.

IMG_3959

Here a picture of my little girl from last year.  She is now four years old and IF she weighs in at 15 pounds I would be shocked.  It was so joyful and heart wrenching to see her.  Joyful because she was there, but heartbreaking because she has barely grown from last year.

IMG_3840

Yep, that is me with a machete helping get the goat field cleared.  Don’t get to excited, I just chopped a few twigs for picture sake…I did much better clearing by hand!

IMG_4038

I think the best way to describe this picture is impact. We have made a long term commitment to the community of LA Cumbre and JiJa was so happy to see me again.  Last year in the Women’s ministry we taught them embroidery and this year she gave me a handkerchief that she make for me.  My name is embroidered on the bottom.   It was such a precious gift!

I have so much to share and will elaborate further on each story above in the next coming days!

3 Comments:

Jill said...

I love it, Patrice!! Love how the Lord is working through you and your family and what a mighty strong experience to share with Bradley.
Thanks again for loving on my Audrey at church - even the morning after coming back from such a trip.

Robin Lambright said...

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

My DD is off to Costa Rica this week on a mission trip with the youth of our church!

God's is working all around in a very big way this summer I think!

Blessings
R

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I am glad ya'll had a good trip. The pictures are precious. I love the last one that is so sweet.