Monday, May 2, 2011

Terrorist Mastermind & Al-Qaida Founder, Bin Laden Is Dead

I am glad that justice had been served and the terrorist mastermind and al-Qaida founder, Bin Laden is dead.  I am relived that this mad man can no longer plot to destroy our wonderful country.  I am sad that evil is still alive and that those who lost the ones they loved in the 911 attacks in for the loved ones lost in the war, that this historic event can not bring them back.

My husband called me last night to tell me that Bin Laden had been killed and that Obama would be speaking any minute about it.  I like many across our nation,  shall I go as far and say the world, tuned into the news to see if it were true and to hear what the President of the United States would say.  When Obama finally came on to discuss what had happened, I think I more disappointed by his words than anything else.

I try hard to keep my blog politics free, if you will.  I am not a huge debater by any means  in the political loop, but I know what I like and what I dislike.  I have certain standards in which I feel our elected officials should hold, regardless of which position they were elected too. I feel first and foremost you are hired by me, my family, neighbors, friends,  the people of our country, to do a job…a job that should be dictated by our wants, not your gain.

Anyway, during last nights address I felt as if Obama was taking credit, or far more credit than he should over the killing of a wanted terrorist.  Were you or were you not, President Obama, a former senator that voted against the war and the surge needed to protect our troops but now you stand in front of our nation taking credit for this whole thing.  AND…please do not tell me that you just brought up the muslin religion in this address??  Did you really go there?  Could you not just come on TV and talk about the death of Bin Laden without mentioning the religion that most terrorists actively and devoutly practice in.  Yes, it is not a war against a religion, but is this or is this not a religion that follows a man which feels that Americans are the enemy? 

I say that not to upset anyone, but this hunt for Bin Laden has been happening over three presidencies.  It does not matter who was in charge when he was killed, it is more important that justice has been served.  I am now more focused on what happens from here.  I feel this is far from being over and now the war continues.  There will be those ready to avenge Bin Laden's death. 

This morning I came across this quote, not sure who said it but it is fitting…

“In the end, I'm happy for justice and peace, but I don't believe God rejoices in any death. Even our enemies."

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

only one word . . .

AMEN!