Monday, May 9, 2011

My Get-A-Way…

Here is where I have been spending so many of my waking hours as of late…my porch!

A couple of weeks ago I needed to do something, that cost nothing, to spruce up my fr0nt porch.  Although I did spend a little bit ($56 and still need new cushions) most of the things I used has came from things I already had.  Take a look at what I have done:

Right Side of PorchIMG_3117IMG_3118IMG_3123

I wanted to make our front porch an extension of our living room.  I had envisioned a window behind the wicker love seat, so I set out to buy an antique wooden window, but could not find one.  Then from a salvage yard, kind of place around us, I purchased a window insert to hang instead until I find what I really wanted.  BUT, it worked perfect and it is so light weight that I do not have to worry about it falling!!  Love it!

Left Side of PorchIMG_3120IMG_3125 IMG_3126  

I also hung a few crosses up next to the front door, filled up the humming bird feeders and added some plants for this side of the porch.  All I have left  to do is wait for the plants to grow to their full potential and  some new cushions that I am going to have made and viola, the porch is compete!  

Our porch has quickly become the “hangout” spot for the family! We are sitting outside so much more either enjoying coffee in the morning, eating lunch or watching our son yard fish with rocks as bait!  HA! 

b

6 Comments:

Annette said...

I luvvie duvvie the porch!! Can't wait to come sit and have coffee with you!! You did a great job and I love love love the faux window!!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Cutey Tootey. Magpie looks like she is thoroughly enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

How Lovely!!! Your porch is beautiful! I especially love the faux window . . . it is perfect!

Stacey said...

I LOVE it ALL...lol. Can't wait to get my front porch looking good too!!!!

Unknown said...

Can't believe how big Bradley has gotten/is getting! It's crazy. And when I think about it, I guess it means I'm getting old! Ha.

Love what you did with the porch. I wanna come hang out on it just looking at the pictures.

H-Mama said...

looks cozy. love it!!