Monday, April 11, 2011

Thanks For The Prayers

It’s been a rough weekend on all of , Joey with recovering and us with the guilt.  We could feel prayers being lifted up for us and they are much appreciated.  Here is an update on where everyone and everything stands.

Joey is doing great!  This afternoon, I have seen such a big improvement in him!  He is playing games, wanting to eat more and has asked for pain pills only twice today, which we gave him one right before his doctor appointment and then some motion this afternoon.  He has one pain pill left and we are trying to wait until this evening for it.  Bless his heart, his cheeks are so swollen but he did try to smile today, but it didn’t show well!  I have taken a picture of him, but I had to promise not to put it on Facebook or my blog, which makes me sad…cause he is really so cute!  Beside him being swollen, bruised, and the sores on each corner of his mouth he really is sporting a cute chipmunk look!! 

On a funny side note, having an older brother during these times is humorous to us, but not so much for Joey.  Yesterday Bradley walks in from work and tells Joey that he just seen his cousin.  Joey asked “which cousin”?  Bradley said “your new one, a squirrel outside that just ran up the tree with nuts in his mouth”!  Of course, before thinking I laughed….Joey, not so much!  

We did discuss with his orthodontist this morning the procedure and what happened on Friday.  We were reassured that we had a right to be upset gave some advice on what we should do.  Both him and his nurse were so great and gentle with Joey today and very much uplifting to me and Jeremy.   Thanks for the prayer and please continue to remember us during these next few days! 

3 Comments:

BARBIE said...

So thankful to hear Joey is doing so well. Continued prayers going up as you move forward.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Okay I have not called for an update on this and I need to know what happened with the surgeon. I am telling you what they are lucky I was not with ya'll. I would have told ya'll to go on with Joey and then gave them a piece of my mind.

I am glad the orthodontist was very understanding and gentle.

Text me the pics ;)

TJ said...

Just read what happened. Poor guy, but glad that God is giving him healing. I would have lost it...