Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Middle Of The Night

I am sitting here in bed wide awake and it is nearing 2:00am.  So I did the Facebook thing, read my e-mail, stalked a few blogs and played with Higgins, who is also wide awake.  Should make for an interesting morning when my alarm starts blaring at 5:45…

My mind is everywhere right now and not so much ready to be turned off for a restful night of shuteye.  Instead my thought are else where, thoughts of my life, a son in college, kitchen floor that needs to be mopped, work, house on the market, my kids that lay sleeping upstairs, the husband snoring beside me and thoughts of smacking him….HA.  Really it is just one on those middle of the night, can’t rest, because I have so much racing through my head.  You’ve been there, you know what I am talking about.

I have been reading tonight about children that are being smuggled from Haiti to the Dominican Republic and feel so helpless.  If you want you can read more about it, go here.  I can not get my mind to slow down and rest because I am so frustrated that this is happening.  I was just there and I keep thinking of the children that I saw that were walking between cars on a busy highway begging for money, darting from car to car trying to sell things and waiting for a chance to wash a windshield of a waiting car.  Never did I think that they could be the victim of human trafficking. 

Funny how I get so wrapped up in my perfect little life, worried about things that seem so large and let them consume my day.  Then I read about this and my perfect little world and my trivial little problems seems so, well small, insignifant and so not that life shattering anymore.  I take for granted so  many things.

I am not meaning to be so deep and so depressing, but as of late my heart is heavy for those that are in Haiti, the Dominican, Ethiopia, even here in the states and other places that are in need.  Those that struggle everyday for food, for clean water a place to sleep.   So tonight I am feeling a little heavy hearted….

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11: 28-31)

4 Comments:

sara said...

I was awake and couldn't sleep last night too. spent a lot of time praying for people. It is overwhelming to see all that is going on around us and not know what I can do...but I can pray. I'm thankful that I know my prayers are heard by a God who can do something about it.

Robin Lambright said...

I hope you were finally able to get some rest. Those long nights of the soul are troublesome and lead to difficult mornings.

Praying that all the difficult thoughts get sorted out and you have discernment for what God is leading you too!

Blessings
R

Unknown said...

Sweet post. Luvvies!

H-Mama said...

So easy, the things we take for granted. When hubs was in Kolkata years ago, I was ready for him to bring home all of the homeless children he could fit in his plane. So heartbreaking.