Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finding Love

Here is a daily Bible Study that was sent to me today by a friend….

We love Him because He first loved us.

1 John 4:19, NKJV

Our world is looking for love. As human beings, we need to love and be loved. But we're looking in all the wrong places. We look for it from a parent, from a child, from a spouse, from a friend, But our parents grow old and die, our children grow up and live their own lives, our spouses are too busy or too tired, our friends are superficial or selfish.  Who can truly understand the need of the human heart? Who can meet the need of our hearts? Where is love found?

Love is found in the heart of God.

This was sent in just the nick of time for me to read.  I have had an unsettling past couple of days.  I was down and out needing love and feeling very unloved and alone.  Truth in the matter, I was not being neglected or mistreated, it was just I having bad couple of days.  (Not to mention a bad dream that kept the pity party going….tisk, tisk)

Today is a new day, a day filled with love and joy.  It takes far more energy to be unhappy and unloved, so out with that!!  I am looking forward to a busy productive day of being loved!

I am living today to the fullest.  Each minute is a blessing from God.  The people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.   They are the ones that care for us.  The best of all is I am loved by God!!

0 Comments: