Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Y’all It’s Hot Outside!!

We are sweatin’ y’all!!  IT IS HOT!!!

I had an appointment today in town and my thermostat in the Jeep read 102 degrees.  Of course, by the time I fumbled for my phone, stopped at a red light that stayed red for 2 seconds…(that never happens if you are in a hurry, but when you want it to stay red, it changes-FAST!) and by the time I got the next red light it had dropped to 101.  Oh well, I took a picture anyways.  Granted, I do not need to show you a picture, if you are living in the South, or anywhere in the Good ‘ol USA for that matter, It’s hot and you need no picture to know that!  HA!

101

Here is a cute picture…it’s been floating around on Facebook, but even if you have seen it, it’s still funny!!

Then there is all the one liner jokes about the heat….here are a few of my favorites:

  • It's so hot that I saw two trees fighting over a dog.
  • It’s so hot the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
  • It's hotter than a billy goat in a pepper patch.
  • It’s so hot that ice pops are melting in the freezer
  • It’s so hot that ranchers are selling BBQ directly form the fields.
  • It’s so hot that Campbell Soup Co. has changed the directions on its cans to, "Just pour and eat."
  • It’s so hot that public pools are encouraging swimmers to ignore the “no peeing in the pool” rule.

Now, I like the way these people think….wish I would of thought of that today!!

Y’all stay cool!!!

 

2 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

LOL I am gonna try to fry an egg outside tomorrow.Impulsive addict did it last week and it failed so I figured maybe Florida heat will work.

Unknown said...

Haha! That's really YOUR cookies in YOUR car isn't it? Don't lie? You tried it!