Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Self Induced Coma

I am back, albeit not willing, but back from a self induced coma.  I had grand visions last Tuesday when I bid farewell to my gold fish Flounder, locked my office door, and headed out for 5 glorious days of checking off many things on my to-do list.  Some of those things included:

  • Cook the best Thanksgiving feast ever, right down to the delicate desserts
  • Decorate the house for Christmas, THE entire house….
  • Make fudge and fruitcake cookies
  • Have all the dogs bathe and groomed
  • Make a budget
  • Organize school stuff
  • Catch up on blogging and make a Christmas blog design
  • Begin Christmas shopping

That was my list…I really don’t think that any bullet point was totally finished.  Sad, kind of, but not really.  This is how my 5 days played out…

Wednesday, went grocery shopping, came home took a nap.  Wednesday evening looked at recipes and then decided that we didn’t need to eat early so watched TV and went to bed.

Thursday I managed to make a sizeable feast, but not all the delicate desserts, but we were to full to noticed.  Then I took a nap, watched TV and went to bed.

Friday I didn’t do the usual Black Friday 3am bargain hunting, I slept in instead.   Most of the day I goofed off, watched TV, took a nap and was then sound asleep and the bed by 8pm. 

(Are you seeing a pattern take form here?)

Saturday, I slept till 9am, got up cooked breakfast and was back in the bed by 10:30 for a mid morning nap….that lasted until my husband woke me up…that afternoon.  Then I goofed off and watched TV.  We did make an attempt to go to town late that evening, but it didn’t work out, so I went to bed early!

Sunday, woke up really refreshed, got dressed and ready for church, came home ate lunch and took a NAP! 

Yea, I know, I am pathetic!  I got nothing done I wanted to get done…but it was glorious! 

Yesterday was hard trying to get back into the swing of things, so when I finally arrived home after 7-ish, I had my son cook me a grilled cheese sandwich because I was too worn out to turn the stove on and fell asleep watching TV. 

Today, I am focused getting a life and checking back into reality!  I am fully rested, so there is no excuse!  I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was as glorious one as well!  Now I am off to catch up in blog world!

3 Comments:

Dapoppins said...

I Love that routine!

Jeanette said...

I refused to let myself take any naps - had to get back on to CST time. By Sunday jetlag had hit hard! Last night I finally slept through the night so I hope I'm over the hump. Glad you go some rest though!!

Robin Lambright said...

Sometime the body takes what we don't let it have....sleep!

Glad you got caught back up on yours.

Blessings
R