Friday, January 20, 2012

Life Lived By Me

I have been living life, maybe not to the fullest, but living it!  Things that have kept me consumed as of late…in bullet form!

  • I read The Hunger Games Series.  All three books in three days.  Yep, I liked them!  Can you tell??
  • Not doing laundry.  How can you do laundry when your nose in buried in books?  I was forced to start on the mountain loads of dirty clothes that covered our laundry room floor yesterday.  OH MY!  Your family runs out of clean underwear and they think its worse than a nuclear disaster. It’s underwear guys…when did boys start getting concerned about clean underwear??
  • Staring at dirty dishes.  It’s an art to stare them down and not actually put them in the dishwasher.  I was trying to make them fear my evil glare…it didn't work, as of this morning they are still sitting there.  Hubby asked why I didn't clean the kitchen last night. I told him that I was trying out for the show Hoarders.  He has no sense of humor.  I will do dishes today. {sigh}
  • Having a contest with the Christmas decorations.  The first one to get into, or put them into, the Rubbermaid totes, WINS!  Right now, no one is winning.  Go figure.
  • Couponing.  It’s the most constructive thing I have done this week!!  I have purchased papers the last two Sundays, SERVERAL PAPERS!  I have cut, organized and made a notebook of coupons.  I, by no means, want to become an extreme couponer but I do want to get some stuff for free or next to free!  I am tired of paying for toothpaste and toilet paper!  I still don’t how they do it, but I am going to give it a try!

Hmm, that about covers my life as of late.  Exciting huh? 

4 Comments:

MamaMonki said...

I'm totally fascinated by the extreme couponers. I just can't figure out how they do it. It's like a full time job for them I guess. No matter how organized I am and how many coupons I take I never do as well as them. I think the closest I came was saving like 47% on a grocery bill. Good luck! Hope you figure it out!

I loved "The Hunger Games" too. I'm anxious to see what they do with the movie. Usually movies disappoint me.

Anonymous said...

You all seem to do better than me with coupons. I spent 7 hours going online finding coupons, going through the Sunday papers and went shopping...thinking I was going to do great! ROFLOL....I went shopping only to find that the store did not carry most of the brands I had coupons for which were for items I actually would use..GRRRRRRR...Seven hours and I saved ...ready for this 70 cents...geesh...I gave up...I figure I can put the time I spent couponing to better use. So, I think these coupon extreme people must make it basically a full time job.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Now you need to send me the books so I can be lazy next week ;)

I doubt anyone is going to jump on dechristmasfying the house anytime soon. Hmmmm what kind of prize will motivate them??

Robin Lambright said...

My girl is yearning to read those books.....I am hoping to make a trip out to the local used boos story in hopes that I can score at least the first one for her.....

Sound like it's time for a laundry 101 class, open lid, insert cloths, add detergent and push the button....my children all learned at a very early age how to use the washer and dryer:)

Still can't find the enthusiasm for couponing, I had mine all organized in a small plastic file folder and most time I just forgot to take it to the store with me!

It has been cold and rainy here for the past several days, very hard to focus on anything that does not involve a warm blanket, the sofa and a new download on the kindle.

Blessings
R