Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday

CANDY CORN!!


Tempting, shameless, tiny, sugary, calorie busting, thigh thickening little boogers! Yep, I am talking about candy corns. Each and every year, they sit in their little clear round containers or one pound bags, taunting me.

I try to ignore them and walk quickly by (hoping to lose an ounce by my brisk steps), telling myself, I really do not like them! They call me, by my name, and I just can't take it any longer! I pick them up, justifying my actions telling myself, I do have that cute little clear pumpkin jar that is dying to get out of the closet and besides, I am buying these for hubby, because he loves them so! That's what I tell myself, anyways!

Then I get them home, put them in that cute jar, and it looks so festive. I eat one, then another and after that one pound bag of candy corns turns into two pounds of extra weight on my thighs, I tell myself, there is always New Year resolutions!!

I LOVE CANDY CORNS!!

14 Comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I almost picked some up at the store yesterday. I ended up baking 6 loaves of pumpkin bread instead. I told you I loved fall.

Anonymous said...

Oh candy corn rocks! I'm hoarding my own bag.

Anonymous said...

Me too! Our daughter is allergic to Cow's Milk (which is in practically Everything), but Candy Corn is a rare exception, and a great treat. I used M&M's to reward my son's potty training and Candy Corn for my daughter's, LOL. Tell me, do you bite the white tip off first? That'd be a fun poll to add. Blessings, Whitney

Unknown said...

Oh I love Candy Corn. Only ever had it once though on a trip to Vegas just before Halloween and I wish I'd bought more and brought it home with me.

Jennifer said...

I think that Candy corn is just so addicting! I do not like it during the spring, winter and summer. But, it tastes so good during the Fall! Just like pumpkin pie :)

Anonymous said...

Candy corn is one of those candies I could not get into. I am not sure why, just don't care for them.

Did you get to enjoy NCIS?

LOVED IT!!!

Sandra said...

My husband and I fell in love over a bag of candy corn. Love the post!

Veggiemomof2 said...

I was thinking it'd be perfect for me to decorate with candy corn cuz I hate it! Ha!

Mom2fur said...

Hmmm...corn is a vegetable.
Vegetables are good for you.
Therefore...candy corn is health food!
Yep, it's true! Now, if you bite off the tip like Baby Tunnel Exodus suggests, then bite off the next color...well, that's extra work and you're burning calories.
See? Not only health food, but diet food, too!
Can you tell, I like the stuff, too?

Anonymous said...

Hey did you know that if you eat one candy corn with three salted peanuts it tastes like a Payday candy bar? We use that for a holiday snack sometimes you could experiment with the corn to nut ratio but that is what we like Oh and candy corn is also fun the shove on your teeth and smile at people innocently like What! I have something on my teeth?

Kama said...

I have already eaten almost 3 bags of candy corn so far and it's not October. I am pregnant, so let's blame it on that... :) I love candy corn. It rocks my socks.

Audra Krell said...

I love candy corn, just ate two handfuls this morning. May I remind everyone that they are fat free? ; )

Jerralea said...

Candy corn goes with any fall decor. Plus I see it's already been mentioned to eat them with peanuts. Nuts are good for you, right?

Boy Mom said...

Every fall I buy a bag of candy corn, a bag of Boston baked beans, a bag of jelly beans, and a bag of Good and Plenty, mix them all together and gain 10lbs. We call it autumn mix or cowboy mix.